Although it's still winter, now is the time to start thinking about your summer plans!At least plans for summer camps. Registration for many camps begins as early as February.
So what are you looking for in a summer camp?
There are so many different options to choose from. I thought I'd list some questions for you to think of as you are contemplating these decisions.
What are the different camp options available?
What are some questions I should ask when selecting a camp for my child?
I hope you have found this helpful as you begin your search for the perfect summer camp!
- Times – Do the times work with our family schedule?
- Location – Does the location work with our family schedule? Are the camps offered in different locations?
- Cost – Compare the value received with the cost of the camp
- Experience of teacher/leader – What is the background of the teacher/facilitators? Is an advanced degree necessary?
- Size – What is the teacher : student ratio? How many students are there in total?
- Objectives – If you are signing up for a specialty camp, what are the outcomes of the camp? How will I know if my son/daughter has met those outcomes?
- Meals – Is food provided or do I have my child bring their own? Be sure to find out specifics if your child has food allergies.
- Interactive/hands on learning – Will my child be an active participant and have hands on experience – especially for specialty camps.