Work Your Blog Posts & Articles For All They're Worth In Six Simple Steps
To work your articles
& blog posts
for all their SEO
worth it is important to do the following. This overall strategy will do valuable link building
How Can I Use Social Media for SEO Benefit - Steps
- Though fundamental, to ensure gaining link benefit from Social Media, make sure your Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter & Google Plus and other(?) Accounts include your website domain link in your "Profile".
- If you've published an article (EzineArticles.com, GoArticles.com, ArticlesFactory.com, etc.), make a couple of blog posts discussing the articles with links back to the source article. If no article, then start with an "on topic / of value" blog post.
- Post a link on your Facebook Fan Page to your blog posts, and for Inside919 members, re-post the blog under "Articles" with a brief credit bio of yourself as "Author", and link back (use the blog post title as your anchor text) to the original post on your website.
- Next, make 3 brief LinkedIn posts highlighting three elements of the blog post, linking back to the original post. The same applies if you belong to any groups within LinkedIn, tailored to the group.
- Finally, for each of those posts, make 3 or 4 Tweets commenting on "event", "news", "the entire post as a whole" and "person(s) affected". Link back to your LinkedIn post or original blog post.
- To take this to the highest level, if you can get others to "like", "plus one", "tweet", "re-tweet" and "share" your stuff, that will further boost your visibility to near viral levels.
How Can I Use Social Media for SEO Benefit - Conclusion
Do the math; 1 + (1 x 3 ) + (1 x 3 x 3) + (1 x 3 x 3 x 4) = 1 + 3 + 9 + 27 = 40 x ? (because of "sharing") is huge! That's the way to "work" Social Media for SEO benefit for all its worth, building lots and lots of "link love" for yourself.
Do the above 2 to 3 times a month, and you'll see some real results in search. Feel overwhelmed? Even once a month of doing the above is better than doing nothing.
Want more? Check out SEOmoz's article & video on Scalable Link Building Using Social Media.
Article Source: How Can I Use Social Media for SEO Benefit?
Author: Bob Walton is a Raleigh SEO & SEM search engine marketing service provider for local businesses. If you want to DOMINATE LOCALLY, need a new website, or have questions on improving your existing website, please contact Bob @ 919-523-4185.
Or, by email: bob@seoforhighranking
My Google+ Profile
Did I miss a step? Let me know by commenting. Thanks!