I saw this article this morning from Forbes Magazine and was encouraged by additional recognition of the amazing assets that Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill area offer people of all ages, in this article, specifically Young Adults.
Interestingly, one of the statistics that I found interesting that there is 1 Small Business for Every 49 residents in Raleigh. That is A LOT of small businesses!
I have personally seen an increase in real estate activity in the past few months and this articles shares some of the reasons why.
Forbes Magazine - Raleigh #2 City Young Adults
2. Raleigh, N.C.
- M.S.A.: Raleigh-Cary, N.C. Average Annual Job Growth (2010-2012):
- 2% Median salary: $51,500
- Cost-of-living index (U.S. average is 100): 104.4
- Percent of pop. with college degrees: 42.2%
- 1 small business for every 49 residents
- 1 large business for every 770 residents
- Unemployment rate: 7.9%
- The college town has one of the best job growth projections of any city we assessed and the 16th best average salary for young professionals, exceeded only by markedly more expensive cities.
What are your thoughts? Do you think the Raleigh area should have been rated this high? I do, and am very pleased with the opportunities it offers to Buyers , Sellers and small business owners.