Here are five easy things that you can do to help make your life a little less stressful.
- Budget – Write down every dollar you spend and what you spent it on. You can have a few categories like, food, gas, eating out, household, utilities, car payments, ect. It doesn't have to be fancy, just keep track. At the end of the month you will see where your money is going and if there are places that you can cut back.
- Organize – Organize your files. Open all of your mail and keep a folder for credit card statements, bank statements, mortgage statements, car statements, ect. This will help if you ever need financial advice.
- Put your credit cards in an envelope in your dresser. Challenge your self to see if you can live without your credit cards. Pull them out of your wallet and put them away. Live within your means and see how life can without them.
- Don’t make any haste decisions. Make sure you don’t drive your self crazy and make a rash decision. Everything you do has consequences, so always make sure you sleep on a decision before you make it. Write it down and then revisit it the next day.
- Seek professional help – We can’t know all of the answers, especially to things we do not know. Ask for help, but avoid seeking help from friends, they may not have the best advice and could lead you down the wrong path.
These are just common sense suggestions. Sometimes the answers are staring us right in the face and we don't know it.
* * *
Dennis Sargent is a Raleigh and Cary attorney at The Law Office of Dennis Jay Sargent Jr., PLLC. Dennis offers debt relief, helping people in the Triangle file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy under the United States Bankruptcy Code. He is a proud member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys and the American Bankruptcy Institute.
Law Office of Dennis Sargent
3737 Glenwood Ave.
Raleigh, NC 27612
2500 Regency Parkway
Cary, NC 27518