Besides the obvious, what have been some BAD interview questions you've either been asked or have asked to a potential new hire? Check out my answer
on Inc.com's "AskInc"
The Washington Post
also provided a nice list of some not so obvious (well some are) questions you should avoid asking (A good background check, application form will often answer many of these questions!) We know the usual suspects but are you aware of these?
1. How do you feel about attending conferences with (men) (women) ?
2. What child care arrangements have you made?
3. What type of position does your spouse have?
4. Do you think that you can supervise (men) (women), and how do you think they will react?
5. This job has always been handled by a (female) (male). Do you think you can handle it?
6. Are you willing to put career interests before self-interests?
7. What are your computer skills? Would you be interested in doing some word processing?
8. How do you feel about women's liberation?
9. By the way, would you mind telling me: "Just how old are you?"
10.How do you respond to authority?
11. How do you define sexual harassment?
12. Where were you born?
13. What's your nationality?
14. Are you married, divorced, separated, or single?
15. Are you living with anyone?
16. What holidays do you celebrate?
17. Do you have any disabilities that affect your work?
18. What is your health situation like?
19. Have you ever been arrested?
20. Are you on any medications?
21. Do you ever abuse alcohol or drugs?
22. How many children do you have?
23. What church do you attend?
24. How do you think my older employees would react if I hired you?
25. Do you have many debts?
26. Do you own or rent your home?
27. How much insurance do you have?
28. How much do you weigh?
29. Do you plan to have any more children?
30. What does your spouse think about your career?
31. Have you ever brought a law suit against an employer?
32. Have you ever filed for workers' comp?
33. Where do you usually go on vacation?
34. What do you think about romance in the office?
35. Have you ever been sexually harassed?
36. Do you have plans to get married?
37. Tell me about your family.
38. Are you able to work overtime, evenings and weekends?