Every year, the cold and flu season affects each and every one of us. The virus spreads very fast and affects people whose immune systems are weak. When we don’t feel good, our productivity is lower and our mood is down low.
- There are more than 5 billion cases of the common cold
- There are more than 1 billion cases of the flu
- There are $300 billion in healthcare costs and lost productivity
- There are more than 500,000 deaths that are associated with cold and flu viruses
What are we to do?
There are many nutritional supplements, over the counter remedies, prescriptions, and immunizations that we can do. The fact is that there is no cure. The best thing to do is to make sure that you keep your immune system top notch by eating healthy and staying hydrated.
Essential Oils can help
There are some essential oils that are effective in the defense of the cold and flu. The oils are antiviral, antimicrobial, antibacterial, antiparasitic, and anti-inflammatory. They are the following:
- Thieves blend
o Clove – contains eugenol – kills over 60 different types of bacteria, 15 strains
of fungi, and several viruses
- Oregano – contains carvacrol – kills intestinal parasites
- Thyme – contains thymol – kills over 80 different strains of bacteria and
15 different types of fungi
- Citronella – contains citronellal and linalool –kills fungi
There are three main defense functions to shorten the recovery time:
1. Attack and eliminate invading viruses, bacteria, fungi and parasites before they
get a chance to multiply.
2. Rapidly diminish the rate of multiplication by killing the spreading invaders.
3. Create a bio terrain that reduces the hospitality of the host to the invading
microbes, while enhancing the health-generating functions of the respiratory,
circulatory, and immune systems.
There are softgels that you can take called Inner Defense that contain these oils.
Click here for the history behind Thieves.
Did you know that essential oils kill bacteria that antibiotics do not?
Ever wonder if anti-bacterial soaps really kill all of the bad bacteria? Read more...
What about hand sanitizers? Read more...
Click here for the full blog.
For more information: www.oilsforhealthyliving.net